Sweet Dreams from Holy Lamb Organics
The beauty of using a wool comforter is in the temperature regulating properties of this natural fiber. This lightweight blanket gives just the right amount of cool in the summer and warmth in winter with natural wool.
Unlike many comforters, ours are hand-tufted and stitched around the perimeter so the wool batting stays in place while in use or in a gentle wash. This is a customer favorite that will last.
This comforter is soft to touch and snuggly on its own, or it may be slipped easily into a duvet cover for additional protection.
We offer 3 temperature weights in comforters and an All Season:
Cool Comfort - Best suited for: a person who tends to run warm or hot in body temperature, a hot climate such as Florida or Southern California, or to be used in climates with mild winters where you can use this comforter in combination with other favorite blankets. Baby comforters only come in this weight.
Perfect Comfort - Most people choose this comforter weight. This weight is fine for partner sleeping, can be used year round in most climates and is a great all-purpose comforter weight. You may want to add an extra blanket in the heart of winter if needed.
Extra Warmth - This temperature weight is best suited for those who tend to run cold or get chilled easily. Great for people who sleep by themselves and tend to like a lot of covers.
All Season - This wool comforter is designed for people who live in a climate where the temperature changes dramatically between winter and summer. It consists of two comforters (most similar to the "Cool Comfort" weight) that tie together. Take one off when the warm weather arrives. Velour ties along the perimeter keep the two comforters together. The All Season will fit inside a duvet cover with ease.
Made with Premium Eco-Wool™ our famous blend sourced directly from about 20 family farms in Oregon & California, USA. It is the nicest wool we have ever seen- incredibly clean, dust free and virtually vegetable matter free.
Growers participate in our Sustainable Wool Program, managing their flocks in a humane, chemical-free, and environmentally thoughtful manner. The vast majority of our products are built with this wool.
This is our signature wool blend- it is the cleanest highest-quality wool available. Grown and produced with care, this wool batting is chemical-free from sheep to finish.
- Made of Premium Eco-Wool™ Batting
- Sourced from USA, West Coast
- Produced in accordance with our Sustainable Wool Program
Organic Cotton Sateen Fabric
Our organic cotton sateen has almost a liquid softness it. It’s lightweight (4.5 oz/sq yd), with an approx. 300 thread count.
- -Made of 100% certified organic cotton
- Grown and woven in India
- 4.5 oz. of organic cotton in each yard
- Milled in the USA
We are committed to using only the highest quality natural materials, sourced as locally as possible.
- Dimensions & Wool Weight:
- Cool Comfort
- Crib (Cool Comfort Only) 35” x 53”, .9 lbs.
- Twin 68” x 86”, 2.6 lbs.
- Full/Queen 86” x 86”, 3.3 lbs.
- King/CAL King 100” x 86”, 8.1 lbs.
- Perfect Comfort
- Twin 68” x 86”, 3.6 lbs.
- Full/Queen 86” x 86”, 4.5 lbs.
- King/CAL King 100” x 86”, 5.2 lbs.
- Extra Warmth
- Twin 68” x 86”, 5.6 oz.
- Full/Queen 86” x 86”, 7.0 lbs.
- King/CAL King 100” x 86”, 8.1 lbs.
FOR ALL OUR PRODUCTS:
Unmake Your Bed
One of the best things you can do is unmake your bed in the morning for a few hours, allowing the moisture you gave off during the night to evaporate from the wool bedding.
Sunning Your Bedding
Placing your wool bedding in the sun a few times per year is an excellent way to refresh and cleanse your bedding using the benefits of the sun. Sunning will naturally deodorize, bleach, disinfect, and revitalize your bedding.
Protection Is Key: Protect your wool bedding by placing it inside an appropriate cotton cover that can be washed regularly and act as a barrier for your bedding during everyday use.
- Place a comforter inside a duvet cover
- Put your pillow inside a zippered pillow protector and then into a pillow case
- For mattress toppers, use a wool moisture barrier and then a fitted sheet
Do I need to wash my bedding before I use it?
No, your wool bedding is ready to use. There’s no need to wash it unless it’s your preference. There are no chemicals located in our production facility, no animals on-site, no finishes used on the fabric and we maintain a Scent Free facility.
Can my bedding be washed & how?
Most of our wool bedding can be washed using our special washing instructions provided with your purchase. If you need a copy of the washing instructions please contact us and we’ll email it to you as soon as possible.
In case of emergency:
- Gently spot clean the affected area.
- Set aside to later wash the entire product once you have received the washing instructions.
- You can also treat the problem area with live cultured enzymes which eliminate odors. (i.e. Biokleen makes a product called Bac Out.) These enzyme products can be found at your local health food store/ co-op.
- If you need another copy of the washing instructions, please contact us.
Can I take it to a dry cleaner?
We do not recommend dry cleaning unless it is taken to a certified "green" dry cleaner. Regular dry cleaners use chemicals to clean, defeating the purpose of having a natural bedding product