The mission of Thirsties, Inc. is to make it easy and affordable for every family to choose cloth diapers while simultaneously investing in our local economy and sustainable business practices.
We are committed to building our business in a sustainable manner by focusing on the health of our babies and the environment. Only the best USA-sourced components are chosen for our products in order to reduce our carbon footprint, to help support domestic textile mills and our local economy, and to ensure that Thirsties diapers will last wash after wash. We are committed to creating only the highest quality products and dedicated to providing exceptional design and unparalleled performance while saving you money.
We are very proud of the fact that all Thirsties products are manufactured in Colorado, USA, by a group of very talented individuals, many of whom are moms who work in the comfort and convenience of their own homes. With your support, we are able to employ more staff each year, helping to support more families in our local community.
Each and every aspect of the design of our diapers is carefully considered, and all fabrics and components are vigilantly selected for their extremely high quality. Thirsties, Inc. strives to provide the very best products available for comfortable, leak-proof cloth diapering while operating in accordance with superior ethical business practices.
We feel fortunate to be involved in such a wonderful industry. We delight in the opportunity to sell products that contribute to a happy and healthy start for your children while helping to minimize your baby’s first carbon footprints. If ever you have any suggestions on how to improve our products or the way in which we operate our business, we’d love to hear from you!
We hope to continue to honor the Thirsties tradition by operating in accordance to the values set forth above, as established by Thirsties’ founder, Erin Kimmett.
Thank you for your support and best wishes to you and your growing family!
The Merrills (Sadler, Mia, Gina, Meg & Rick)
Here at Thirsties, Inc., our innovative spirit takes no breaks! We are always innovating, always blossoming with new sustainable diapering ideas, and always working towards new ways to decrease our carbon footprint. Our business model is about so much more than earning a profit. In addition to offering a green consumer product, we believe it is equally as important to keep the environmental impact of our business to a minimum in order to protect the future of our babies. Here is how we do it...
• Our warehouse is 100% powered by wind energy.
• All carbon created in the transport of Thirsties products is 100% offset by Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs).
• All fabric and components are sourced as locally as possible, thereby cutting down on unnecessary transportation (not from China).
• All cutting and sewing is completed locally as well so as to keep transport fuel consumption to a minimum (not from China).
• Retail product packaging is produced in the USA with wind energy from FSC-certified paperboard.
• Reduce, reuse and recycle! Packaging materials are reused and recycled. Any new packaging is made from the highest postconsumer content available. Our new EcoEnclose Poly Mailers are 100% biodegradable and break down even in landfills!
• All in-house printing is done on recycled paper with 100% post-consumer content. Thirsties hang tags are printed in the USA on paper made with 35% post-consumer content.
• We choose fabrics and design diapers that dry quickly and remain soft even when hung to dry to encourage our customers to retire their dryers.
• We are proud to be a member of the Green America Green Business Network™, the oldest, largest, and most diverse network of socially and environmentally responsible businesses in the US.
• The catalog is printed on FSC Certified 55/30% post-consumer content with soy inks which are VOC free.